Issue usually occurs when you try to assign https binding on IIS site.
Please follow this steps to fix it:
1) use the MMC snapin to import the cert into PERSONAL
2) click it and grab the serial # line
3) Open Powershell/CMD and run
certutil -repairstore my "cert serial number"
4) refresh MMC with personal certificates
Usually on this step certificate will be visible in IIS Server Certificates and you will be able to assign it on site
5) right click certificate in MMC -> export -> select everything except DELETE PRIVATE KEY, hit OK
6) go to IIS and IMPORT certificate instead of finish request.